Bike to the Sea has been awarded a $15,000 grant from the Keurig Company to build a community garden on the trail near Faulkner Street in Malden.
A meeting to talk about other ways to dress up the 12-acres of open space in Malden is scheduled for Saturday March 2, 2013 at the Linden School in Malden. This replaces a previously scheduled meeting at the Linden School on Feb. 23. The meeting will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on March 2 and will cover the following topics:
- What other opportunities for similar projects exist?
- What neighbors and local businesses can we partner with to help care for stretches for the path?
- What about long-term plans the City of Malden has proposed for adjoining properties?
Other meetings include:
- Wednesday , Feb. 6, 4:15 p.m.: Bike to the Sea will be filing a “request for determination of applicability” that will be considered by the Revere Conservation Commission at Revere City Hall, 281 Broadway in Revere.
- Wednesday , Feb. 13, 7 p.m.: Bike to the Sea board meeting at Jim and Sandy Tozza’s house in Saugus.