Join Bike to the Sea as our Program Manager and help us boost our impact in building and improving shared-use paths, and promoting safe and happy trail use for all ages and abilities in communities north of Boston.
The following description represents our desired candidate, but the final job duties will depend on the applicants’ interest and skillset — we’ll work with candidates to determine the best fit — if you’re interested, please apply!
All are welcome to apply regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or background. B2C especially encourages members of minority communities to apply.
1. Position Description and Candidate Requirements
- Flexible hours / remote work allowed, but in-person attendance at events is required
- Periodic evenings and weekends required
- $30 / hour and 15-20 hr / week, especially late spring through early fall
- $25,000 annual funding available for position guaranteed
- 1 year with potential extension pending funding
- Must demonstrate interest in shared-use paths, active transportation, and community engagement
- Must be responsive to requests and feedback
- Must take initiative and demonstrate follow-through on assignments
Preferred but not required:
- Ideal candidate enjoys bike riding and bicycle-related activities
- Ideal candidate has skill in (or willing to learn): Google Docs, WordPress, Zoom, Slack, Google Maps, RidewithGPS, Canva, Adobe CC
The following are B2C’s list of desired responsibilities. The exact duties of the B2C Program Manager will depend on applicant capabilities and interests, and will be documented in writing by the Executive Director, and agreed upon by the final selection and the B2C Board of Directors, with a signed contract.
- Member Information / Status
- Facebook / Twitter
- (TBD: Take Board meeting notes)
Group Bike Rides (LEAD)
- Communications including graphics / web content / flyers
- Ride marshals / volunteers
- Police coordination
- Water / snacks
- Photo / video
Community Engagement (LEAD)
- Lead Membership Drive
- Lead sponsorships, communication, GiveForms, reporting, etc.
- Lead support at community events
- Staff and organize volunteers/board members for bike repairs, tables at farmer’s markets, community fairs, etc.
- Lead maintenance of issues / citizen feedback database
- Connect with municipal employees and track resolution
- Planning, community development, public works, public safety
- Share content in newsletters / website
Special Projects (SUPPORT)
- Partnerships with area walk/bike-organizations and advocacy groups
- Help develop planning and design concepts for improved infrastructure
- Attend/monitor public meetings on B2C connections and other relevant projects
- Assist Executive Director with special projects
- Bike Kitchen
- Invasive species removal / pollinator corridor
- Bike trivia nights at local breweries
- Community presentations
- Trail cultural events
- Community access mapping (routes to the trail)
- Artwork / murals / sculpture installations
If you have trouble with the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the questions.
The position will remain open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications on 9/26.