- This event has passed.
Bike Kitchen Brainstorm Session
July 20 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Bike to the Sea will be having a Brainstrorm session from 6 to 8pm at Aeronaut Cannery about our upcoming Bike Kitchen. We are asking for feedback and ideas from participants about what they desire in its operations, rules and design. Please register in advance.
If you don’t already know, a bike kitchen is a community space that holds weekly “shop hours” to provide people with bike stands, tools, and cheap or free spare parts to fix their bikes. One or more trained or self-taught mechanics staff the shop hours, though they are mostly there to keep track of tools and equipment, and offer pointers. The objective is for cyclist DIY and not like a full service shop. Bike to the Sea’s Bike Kitchen will be constructed using reused shipping containers and located on the Northern Strand Trail in Malden adjacent to Canal Street.
We are asking topics such as:
- What should the open shop hours be?
- What tools and supplies should it have?
- What kinds of workshops would you like to attend?
- What should the age requirements be?
- What kind of storage/organization should be inside?
- What kinds of lighting should it have?
- What décor and site design would you like to see?