- This event has passed.
Spring Walking Tour
May 7 @ 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Join in on this walking tour to learn about the current and future large scale projects (listed below) on Sunday, May 7. Meet at Draw Seven State Park in Somerville @ 5 pm. Plan on an easy 3 mile walk lasting 90 minutes. Post walk food and drinks location within Assembly Row/Square to be decided by participants upon end of walk. Rain or shine event.
We will look at/talk about:
- Somerville landing of https://www.mass.gov/service-details/pedestrian-and-bicycle-bridge-over-the-mystic-river-connecting-everett-somerville-and-charlestown
- Proposed path between Somerville Landing of Mystic River Pedestrian Bridge and Sullivan Square Station (We applied for Somerville ARPA grant for this path.)
- http://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/one-mystic-avenue development area which will help connect Northern Strand bike path to Sullivan Square
- Sullivan Square connections, upcoming state and Boston city plans for Sullivan Square, options for crossing the train tracks at Sullivan Square
- Potential extension of the Northern Strand into Inner Belt and Somerville Community Path by https://www.sullivansquareredevelopment.com/
Contact Deniz at 508-615-4860 with any questions.